Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Insiders' Perspectives

Last night at a meeting I attended, I sat beside a more avid curling fan than I am. She has been ill, so I asked her if she had seen the Scotties last week. Yes, she had, and immediately went on a bit of a rant about the commentary. Since she had been bed-ridden, or couch-ridden, she had seen pretty well every game. Without slagging Mr Harris anymore, I will just say that she felt that he talked too much and came across as a know-it-all. She didn't want to hear what he thought the skip would do for her next shot either.
Spend a bit of time reading the posted comments on Joan McCuster's blog on the CBC website. I sent in a comment making this point, which has not been posted, so it wasn't me who started this discussion about Mike Harris.
Read "Dennis" who offers up the view that Harris comes across as "Mr Know-it-all."
In spite of comments on this blog from the curling community, it's time to let it go. The point has been made. Let's hope that when the semis and finals of the Strauss Canada Cup are shown on the CBC this weekend, that the commentary is less biased, more sparse, and broader in its perspective.

No comments: