Saturday, April 09, 2011
Advance polls for the May 2 election are on Easter weekend: Good Friday, Easter and the Monday. I just can't see myself going to the polls on Good Friday. Would Steven Harper go to vote on Good Friday? Maybe he'll be at church too........... http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/thesearch/archive/2008/09/10/why-stephen-harper-keeps-his-evangelicalism-very-private.aspx He goes to the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church. there is one (or more?) in Ottawa. Quotation from the above article......The Alliance Church, to which Harper has belonged for decades, believes Jesus Christ will return to Earth in an apocalypse, won't ordain women, strongly opposes abortion and divorce, condemns homosexuality as the most base of sins and believes those who aren't born-again are "lost."
Friday, April 08, 2011
Mr Harper is looking worn and tired. All this defending himself and his government because of their lack of transparency, their sharp elbows (keeping students from rallies), MPs who mis-step.......it's getting to him. Betting has it that he will crash before May 2nd, date of the election. An election campaign is tough enough for any leader, but it must be emotionally exhausting for Harper to have to apologize (or at least consider doing that) almost every day.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
This is not the time to vote Conservative, no matter how much you think your local candidate might be a good representative for your community.\ A few good reasons:
- Harper does not tell the truth
- Harper has now said that he didn't know about his Security Advisor's (Bruce Carson) many clashes with the law
- Then Harper appointed him the first (and only ) civilian head of the RCMP, in spite of Elliott's reputation as a bully
- Harper's well-known distain for women
- Conservative view on abortion
- Harper's unwillingness to let his Cabinet members speak
- Harper's treatment of a couple of his former Cabinet members
- Harper's continuing insistence that the long-gun registry will be cancelled (now, if he gets a majority!)
- Canada's decreasing position internationally, due to Harper's "isolationist" stance for the country, and a couple of unpopular "Holier than thou" stances
Saturday, April 02, 2011
http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/rexmurphy/story/2011/03/28/thenational-rexmurphy-110328.html Imagine! No dreadful ads on TV! Plainspeak!